We're on the lookout for the perfect person to fill some really big shoes when our fearless Executive Director Susie retires this spring. Sound like you? Download the application to apply. All applications and resumes can be mailed to City of Albert Lea Human Resources at 221 E. Clark St. or emailed to email@example.com.
The Executive Director is responsible for leading and directing the administrative, operational, sales, marketing and communications functions of the Albert Lea Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) and Main Street Program with guidance from the Board of Directors and Steering Committee respectively.
This is a tremendous opportunity to shape Albert Lea Main Street as the City was just accepted into the program last year.
· Responsible for the administrative operation and function of the CVB and Main Street Program.
· Prepare and evaluate annual operating budget encompassing all activities and operations of CVB for approval of the Board of Directors.
· Responsible for hiring, directing and supervising employees of the CVB.
· Serve as a liaison and educator of all Albert Lea CVB functions to local, state and national boards or planners.
· Assemble information and prepare for meetings of the board and board committees.
· Establish and build relationships with boards and staff from state and local governments, quasi-governmental agencies and civic organizations in the region.
· Provide reports to city and county officials as needed.
· Prepare applications and administer programming available through federal, state and local grant programs.
· Organize, lead and provide support to events and attractions of all types, including grants, logistics consulting, coordinate lodging, volunteering, trade shows, welcome tables and packets.
· Establish and build relationships with staff from Explore Minnesota and the National and Minnesota Main Street programs by attending quarterly and yearly annual meetings.
· Provide a list of local resources and services to individuals and groups planning events in Albert Lea and the Freeborn County area.
· Serve as Ex-Officio on Albert Lea Economic Development Board (ALEDA).
· Develop and enact programs for Main Street Albert Lea focused on four areas: design/historic preservation, promotion and marketing, organization/management and economic development.
· Become familiar with the business and property owners and staff within downtown Albert Lea and connect them with resources available through national, state and local programs.
· Understanding and experience with the policies and procedures, organization and functions of a Tourism Department and/or Main Street program.
· Leverage the assets in Downtown Albert Lea and Freeborn County to attract visitors, as well as boost attendance to area attractions by creating a marketing effort designed for locals.
· Knowledge of strategic planning, resource allocation, budgeting, administrative office functions and human resource management.
· Strive to anticipate work to be done and initiate proper and acceptable direction for the completion of work with minimum supervision and instruction.
· Capable of exercising independent judgment, discretion and initiative while utilizing tact and courtesy in frequent contact with business and industrial representatives, government officials and the general public.
· Maintain an enthusiastic, self-reliant and self-starting approach to meet job responsibilities and accountabilities.
· Demonstrated skills in planning, organization and effective communication (both oral and written) are essential.
· Ability to design and compose publications.
· Excellent presentation, sales and interpersonal skills.
· Proven track record of building and maintaining relationships.
· PREFERRED: A degree in marketing, public relations, or closely related field, and 3 to 5 years of experience in marketing or public relations work; or any combination of training and experience which provide the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
· This position requires a combination of education and/or experience equal to five years in tourism, hospitality sales, marketing, or public relations. Experience in tourism marketing a plus.
· Must have passion for Albert Lea and Freeborn County and tourism related activities.
· Experience with social media, advertising and public relations.